News & Events
Screen for Life!! Call for your appointment today!!Terrace Bay 2017
Newsletter – Healthy HeadlinersJuly 2017
Click here to download and read our newsletter
Click here to subscribe
Being safe in the sunNobody wants to stay inside when the sun's shining. So when you're outside, using a little SunSense can protect you and your family from getting to much sun. If you work outdoors, you may be exposed to the sun for even longer periods, so be sure to follow these sun safety tips too.
- Check the UV Index daily
- Seek shade
- Cover up
- Use sunscreen properly
- Don't use indoor tanning beds
- Know the signs of skin cancer
For more information visit cancer.ca today"Being safe in the sun." cancer.ca. Canadian Cancer Society. n.d. Web. 12 June 2017
Drivers NeededThe Canadian Cancer Society is looking for volunteer drivers for the communities of White River, Terrace Bay/Schreiber and Nipigon to drive people to their Cancer Care appointments. If you would like to volunteer to become a driver you may contact the Canadian Cancer Society by Phone 1-800-227-5557 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a vehicle and some spare time please consider this.
Public AnnouncementDue to the high volume of phone calls and messages, the North Shore Family Health Team J.E. Stokes Medical Centre/Aguasabon Medical Clinic are accepting messages between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Tips to prepare for your medical visits:
- Please present your valid health card at each visit
- Enroll with your Family Physician today
- Please write down your appointment time and date on your home calendar
- Please write down your questions or concerns prior to your visit to your health care provider.
- Please continue to call for notice of cancelled appointments at any time.
- Please allow 1 week for your prescriptions to be refilled.
- Please bring all medications to your appointment.
The telephone will be answered between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. (exceptions for Physician & Hospital calls will apply). Messages may not be answered until the following day.
The office is closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
We very much appreciate your understanding and co-operation. Thank you kindly.